Web Developer, sometimes Development Manager
Berkeley, CA | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Innovation Specialist
Remote, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC
August 2014 - August 2018
As a software developer on the engineering team:
- As part of an agile team, helped define and build new features for eRegulations
- Software build and path analysis for client agencies including the FEC, ATF, and The White House.
- Used Git and Github to contribute and review code.
As a first-line manager (Facilitator):
- Led and mentored teams of up to six multidisciplinary engineers.
- Held regular one-on-one meetings with team members to track and make progress on their individual career goals.
- Coached team members who encountered productivity barriers.
- Organized team meetings to discuss current projects and organizational issues.
- Helped define the role and responsibilities of the new "Facilitator" position.
- Collaborated to shape the organizational structure of a 55 person team of software engineers.
- Coordinated quarterly 360 peer reviews.
- Assisted the Director of Engineering with writing and scoring performance reviews.
- Staffed projects with teams of engineers with appropriate and complimentary skills.
- Interviewed candidates for engineering positions.
- Created and ran the monthly 18F Tech Talks series.
Technology and Innovation Fellow
Remote, New York, NY and Washington, DC
December 2012 - August 2014
- Helped build eRegulations, a modern web platform for working with federal regulations.
- Implemented a responsive layout for eRegulations.
- Wrote server-side views and templates in Django and Python.
- Ensured that eRegulations met accessibility requirements and maintained support for legacy browsers.
- Contributed to work on a text parser for federal regulations using Python and the pyparsing library.
- Implemented build tools for client site applications using Grunt, Bower, NPM, Travis, JSHint, and Bash.
- Helped define code quality standards and client side testing infrastructure for the entire technology team.
- Deployed builds to and helped maintain development and staging environments (CentOS and Apache)
- Wrote documentation for the CFPB development environment.
Web Application Engineer
(part of Atlantic Media)
New York, NY
July 2012 - October 2012
- Contributed to the development of an innovative web publishing platform.
- Built new site features using Drupal, PHP, jQuery, MySQL, HTML/HTML5 and CSS.
- Optimized site performance: Halved page load times by minimizing HTTP requests and optimizing server side code for views/templates.
- Developed for compatibility with legacy browsers back to Internet Explorer 6.
- Helped lead UX exploration for site redesign.
- Co-led group sketching sessions and usability testing.
Front End Web Developer
New York, NY
May 2009 - May 2010